NOW accepting applications for the APC Regional Workshops!!!
Posted on: March 3 2011 - 8:08am
NOW accepting applications for the APC Regional Workshops!!! Learn the latest and greatest in public health preparedness.
Do you work public health emergency preparedness full, part or a fraction of your time? Does your health department regularly work to increase their response capabilities? Wondering how your department is going to tackle the new Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) cooperative agreement activities and PHEP capabilities?
If any of these describe you or your health department you should join us for one of the upcoming APC Regional Workshops!
Focusing on regions that are often under-represented at national events or may lack the resources to dedicate to public health all-hazards preparedness issues, the Regional Workshops are designed to make it easier for nearby local health departments to take advantage of the FREE APC products designed and reviewed by local health department professionals for local health department practitioners. Each innovative session will include hands-on training, information detailing proven best practices, and small group discussions to arm you with the resources you need to help address public all-hazards preparedness in your community.
NACCHO awards a limited number of travel scholarships (up to $1,400) to local public health/preparedness practitioners to attend the APC Regional Workshops. Applications are required for all interested participants, and will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis. To apply and for more information, visit http://apc.naccho.org. Use your existing, or create a new, NACCHO login to view and complete the APC Regional Workshops Tour application.
APC Regional Workshops Tour: Learn. Network. Connect.
Upcoming Advanced Practice Center Workshops:
Salt Lake City, UT – June 1-2 (application deadline 4/8/2011)
- Blueprint for the Use of Volunteers in Hospitals </ li>
- Inclusive Just-In-Time Training for Public Health Investigations
- Seattle & King County and San Francisco APC Teams presenting
Portland, ME – June 23-24 (application deadline 5/3/2011)
- On the Safe Side: A Security Toolkit for Public Health
- Infectious Disease Emergency Response (IDER) Toolkit
- Montgomery County and Toledo-Lucas County APC Teams presenting
Kansas City, MO – August 2-3 (application deadline 6/15/2011)
- Sustaining Critical Services: Continuity of Operations Toolkit for Public Health
- Transitional Framework for Pandemic Readiness and Response
- Tarrant County and Mesa County APC Teams presenting